About the Aurora Hotel & Spa
Aurora offers her guests a new level of island hospitality. As soon as you walk through the door you will be surrounded by a modern ambiance characterized by a cosmopolitan lobby with stylish couches for relaxing and an artistic, modern feel.
Off the third floor, you will find a roof-deck oasis with sleek furnishings and awe-inspiring views of romantic Catalina Island and the Pacific Ocean.
Whether you are unwinding in a guest room, being pampered in spa room or socializing in the common areas, Aurora's guests experience the art of relaxation.
- Ocean view roof-deck
- Friday evening wine and cheese
- In-room internet access and WiFi [We're on an island, please be aware that internet speeds may not be what you would find in a metropolitan area]
- Continental breakfast
- On-site spa - Click here for details
- Non-smoking property
- Baggage storage
- Ice machines
- Wine available for purchase on site
Before Aurora moved in, 137 Marilla Avenue was the home of the Cloud 7 Hotel. Featuring a Cape Cod exterior and an early American interior, that Catalina Island hotel served the island's visitors for more than 30 years.
You won't make it much past the front door before discovering that art is all around you at Aurora. If you're interested in purchasing work from any of our featured artists, please ask at the front desk.
Bill Boyce: Internationally renowned underwater photographer Bill Boyce had a long history of marine science and conservation before allowing his passion for photography to become his vocation.
Bruce Hall: For more than two decades Bruce Hall, whose work has been exhibited in the Smithsonian, has used his unique vision to capture the marine environment.
We don't like rules anymore than you do. But that doesn't mean we don't have to play by them.
- Check-in is 3 p.m. and check-out is 11 a.m.
- Aurora's is a non-smoking property, including the roofdeck and hotel balconies.
- Please don't burn candles.
- Aurora is not wheelchair accessible.
- Pets are not allowed at Aurora (no, not even if they fit in your luggage).
- Rates are subject to government taxes, especially if there's a politician in the room.
- The rooftop deck is open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Otherwise the neighbors get excited and then the party's over for everybody.
- Rates are subject to change without notice.
- Weekend reservations require a two-night stay and holiday weekend reservations require a minimum three-night stay.
- Except for our suites, our rooms have only one bed. We would be happy to make recommendations for family-friendly accommodations.
- Deposit policy: You will be charged one night's room charges plus tax 30 days before you check in. Packages will be charged in full when you make the reservation.
- On-line booking Cancellation policy: Cancellations made within seven days of your stay will not be accepted; and one full nights rent accessed; however we will attempt to resell the room for you. Once within 30 days, if you have to cancel, a $50. dollar processing fee is charged.