Q: How far away are the shops and restaurants?
A: Very close. Aurora is located about a three to five minute walk from Avalon’s restaurants and shops.
Q: Can I smoke at the hotel?
A: Nope. By popular request, Aurora is completely non-smoking, including our rooms and the rooftop deck. Our ban on smoking includes vaping and e-cigarettes.
Q: How far are you from the beach?
A: Aurora is about 100 yards from the beach. There’s also a hill. It’s a short hill, but it’s steep.
Q: Do I need to have ID with me? What about a credit card?
A: You will need to present a valid driver’s license or identification card as well as a valid credit card for incidentals. Unless arrangements have been made in advance, you will also need to present the credit card used to make the reservation. If you have any questions, please call the hotel directly.
Q: Do you have a shuttle?
A: Most of our guests choose to walk the short distance to Avalon’s many attractions. If you choose, private taxi service is also available.
Q: Can you rent golf carts by the day?
A: No, we can’t and neither can the golf cart rental companies. There are two rental companies and they rent golf carts by the hour.
Q: How do I get to the hotel from the boat?
A: Aurora is about five blocks from the boat terminal. Just walk along the waterfront to Marilla Avenue and we are about 80 yards up the hill. If you choose, taxis are available at the boat terminal for a small fee.
Q: How do I get to the boat terminal from the airport?
A: If you’re coming from a mainland airport to the boat terminal, walking is generally not recommended. You can hire a shuttle or take a cab.
Q: How many beds are in the rooms?
A: Other than the Aurora suite and our two junior suites, each of Aurora’s rooms has only one bed. This is not the kind of place where you want to say you only have two people in the room and then show up with extras – even if the extras are kids.
Q: Can we take food and wine to the roof?
Q: Sure. My roof is your roof. But since we’re also sharing the roof with a bunch of other guests, please be courteous and tidy up after yourself.
Q: Do you have any policies I should be aware of?
- We don't like rules any more than you do. But that doesn't mean we don't have to play by them.
- Check-in is 3 p.m. and check-out is 11 a.m.
- Aurora is completely non-smoking, including our rooms and rooftop deck, this also includes vaping and e-cigarettes.
- Please don't burn candles or incense.
- Aurora is not wheelchair accessible.
- Pets are not allowed at Aurora (no, not even if they fit in your luggage).
- Rates are subject to government taxes, especially if there's a politician in the room.
- The rooftop deck is open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Otherwise the neighbors get excited and then the party's over for everybody.
- Rates are subject to change without notice.
- Weekend reservations require a two-night stay and holiday weekend reservations require a minimum three-night stay.
- Deposit policy: You will be charged one night's room charges plus tax when your reservation is confirmed. Packages may be charged in full when you make the reservation.
- Cancellation policy: If you have to cancel, and do so before 10 days from your arrival date, your deposit will be refunded, less a $50 service fee. Cancellations made within 10 days of your arrival date will not receive a refund.
- Our deposit and cancellation policies may be adjusted during special events and holidays.