Top Ten reasons to visit Catalina in Winter
1. Great weather. While winter's weather is not quite as predictably sunny as summer, Catalina Island weather is still a great reason to visit in the winter. Even when it storms, Catalina Island is a sight to see.
2. Winter Wonderland. On Dec. 4-6, Descanso Beach will be transformed into a winter wonderland complete with an ice skating rink. Click HERE for details.
3. New Year's Eve. From the black tie gala in the Casino Ballroom to bar-hopping through Avalon, New Year's Eve on Catalina Island offers something for everyone.
4. Shopping in Avalon. Skip the mall madness and enjoy Avalon's quaint shops instead.
5. Give yourself a gift this Christmas -- you deserve it. Run away to Catalina Island this winter and treat yourself and your special someone.
6. The Museum's Open House and Holiday Symphony Concert. Each year the Catalina Island Museum presents a concert featuring an ensemble of the Stanford University Symphony Concert. The free event is just the ticket to get you in the holiday mood. This year's concert is scheduled for Dec. 11, click HERE for details.
7. Run! Catalina Island is open to some of the country's most challenging endurance events and the Avalon Benefit 50 Mile Run is one of the most grueling. Click HERE for details.
8. Relax. Catalina Island in the winter is relaxed and relaxing. A peaceful weekend or mid-week getaway is the perfect way to unwind and recharge.
9. Great Savings. The Aurora Hotel and Spa offers some unbeatable special offers during the winter season. Check them all out by clicking HERE.
10. Romance. Don't wait for Valentine's Day to make that someone special happy. Nothing says romance like a getaway to the Island of Romance.